The Boy Behind My Blog: Rando Tings About Tom

It's time for another round of Boys Behing The Blog! I have to admit, I love Mal and Stephanie and I LOVE this whole idea butttt I gotta say- I think Tom is the best guy out there. I mean sureeee I'm a bit biased but whatever. Really, he loves writing. And loves being an ass. And he's hilarious. This week didn't have a theme so here are the 5 questions and his ridiculous answers.
 
Boys Behind The Blog

1. What celebrity would play you in a movie about your life?
I spend an hour each day meditating on this question, because, let’s face it, nothing could be more important.  I’ve been told that I look like Cameron from Ferris Bueller’s Day off, but that actor is like 65 now – so he’s out.  Maybe Paul Rudd? If he’s busy, then the guy who played Steve Urkel.  Not because we look alike, but because he’s been out of work for a while and I feel bad about that, kid’s got chops.  Remember the episodes were he convincingly portrayed both Urkel and Stefan? I really thought that guy was going places. If Urkel is busy than either Meryl Streep or Cate Blanchette.  Those chicks can act the shit out of anything.  They could be cast as a rocking chair and have you inspired and weeping within 30 seconds.
Paul Rudd all the way. They are the same person. (Granted Paul Rudd is an actor so I have no idea what he's reallllly like) every movie he's in, at least 20 times I end up looking at Tom and saying "THAT is you." 
2. What is your dream car?
I’ve never been much of a gearhead, so I’m not one to pine over cars.  Growing up I always wanted a Corvette Stingray.  Now that I’m older I would probably settle for anything that doesn’t blow a tranny. That didn’t come out right…
HAHA do you guys get it?! See how funny and offensive he is? How can I not be in love with this kid.
3. Do you have any tattoos? What, where, why?
I don’t have any tats.  My rebellious side manifested in a $2000 a day sewing habit.  But, thanks to rehab I haven’t touched a needle in 5 years. 
hahaha I don't know how he comes up with this stuff. I've never seen him sew in the 3 years I've known him tho so I guess rehab worked.
4. Boxers or briefs?
I actually go boxer briefs.  It’s the support of a brief with comfort of a boxer.  That said I try to go commando as much as possible. 
He has about 400 pairs. And gets cranky if I ever wear them to bed. Also going commando is unecessary and doesn't happen.
5. List 3 random facts about yourself...
1. My first name is Thomas, I was named after my great grandfather who was a captain in the Hartford police department. 
2. When I was 22 I stopped wearing a pair of sneakers that I had worn regularly for about three years.  In that time, I wore them in 5 countries across 3 continents.
3. I got to meet and shake hands with Leslie Nielson.  I grew up watching his movies Airplane, Naked Gun, Dracula Dead and Loving It, etc.  The story goes that, one summer night my friends and I were hanging out and got a frantic call from my sister who was working for the summer at an ice cream shop.  She said, “Tommy! You have to come to the center Leslie Nielson is here!”  We made the trip in about half the time it should have taken.  We got to the ice cream shop and he was gone.  We went back outside and turned a corner and there he was sitting on a bench eating his ice cream.  We panicked, lost our nerve and walked awkwardly passed him.  Then stopped, decided amongst ourselves it was ridiculous to not a least say hi.  So we took a deep breath and did the walk of shame back towards him.  We stopped and said “Hi Mr. Nielson!”  He said, “Hey I remember you guys… from two seconds ago when you walked passed me.” We spent a couple of minutes talking to him and he just could not have been nicer to us.  It’s always great when you meet your idol or a celebrity and they are aren’t a complete dick.
Ok, I knew #1, he really does get attached to sneakers. I made him get rid of the pair after the one he mentions in #2 and I had NO IDEA about #3!! I feel he probably told me at some point but I wasn't listening.


So you love him even more than you did before you read this. I know, it happens. Also I feel Kristen Wiig would be appropriate for playing me. Or Tina Fey. They both seem disheveled and embarrassing.
basically us

And now meet one of the pretty faces on my sidebar! Meg is a Nothern girl (woo!) but she moved South with her husband and incredibly adorable pups. Her blog is so fun to read and she also is doing some design work which all looks incredible! Go say hi, she's awesome!

1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging a few months ago shortly after my relocation from the North to the South. I started to blog because I wanted a hobby that would fill my free time (boy does it ever) and a way for me connect with other people who maybe going through the same trials and tribulations that I am facing.
2. What's your favorite post you've written and why?
Woof thats a toughie...I would say probably one of my favorite posts is Real Housewives of Orange County. Where would we be without them?
3. What's been your favorite part of the summer so far?
My favorite part of summer so far is enjoying a cold brew while sitting on my back porch on a warm summer night. For me its a little piece of heaven.



13 comments:

  1. Tom sounds hilarious. Perfect match for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His answers are HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are amazing together- I can just tell. Also, I am laughing at my desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to flirt with tom...keep him away from me. Seriously though what great answers :) #1 is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved his answers, especially the Leslie Nielsen story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, your man cracks me up!! I can totally see him as Paul Rudd. No doubt. I've gotta get my man involved in this link-up. Y'all would be in for a real treat with his answers, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish manfriend would do this! but he wont even let me say his name! also meg and i discovered we live like 20 mins from each other nbd

    ReplyDelete
  8. i feel like the boy behind both our blogs would get along quite well. also, paul rudd. i would marry that guy in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought he had a real addiction and I was going to be all, "oh wow, honey" but thankfully it's just sewing. If he ever needs to relapse, I have a sewing machine that I don't know how to use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha what a funny guy! My dude just gives like 3-word answers haha

    ReplyDelete

YAY COMMENTS!