Memorial Day Guest: Meet Kristyn

HEY. It’s Memorial Day and if you didn't hear, I’m at Tom’s family cottage sans internets and cable, sippin’ wine, reading books, and chillin' on the beach. Jealous? It’s ok because one of the nicest bloggers I’ve met is guest posting! Kristyn from Chits & Giggles is helping a sista out while I’m relaxing my ass off. She’s been incredible while I’m getting my bloggy bearings and is always ready to offer advice. (She got me over my PicMonkey fears!) Show her some love!


1.    Introduce yourself a bit!
Hi guys!  I am Kristyn and I blog over at Chits and Giggles.  I started blogging over a year ago but didn't get real serious with it until September/October.  I am currently on Weight Watchers.  You can check my weight progress here if you are interested.  I am also planning a wedding.  I have blogged about my 2 potential dresses I will wear, our location, unity ideas, our photographer and videographer we picked, and much more.  I'm sorry but weddings are on my brain lately.  Actually, I'm not sorry.  I am enjoying being engaged and I hope you all do too!

Not into weddings?  That's ok!  I also blog about some great Weight Watcher recipes.  Here are a few of my favorites so far.  Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage, Penne with Peppers and Sausage, and Seasoned Pork Tenderloin.  Not a meat eater?  That is ok too.  I have posted many recipes that are vegan.  Gasp!  I know!  The Feeling Good Stew from Oh She Glows is fantastic.  As is the Chana Palak Masala from Happy Heribivore.

2.    How did you come up with and decide on the name of your blog?
My first blog name was boring.  I actually used Google to come up with my first name.  Then I got tired of it, because it was really long.  It didn't really fit with who I was or how my blog was growing, so I changed it.  I remember this night so vividly.  We were getting into bed (yes we live together and no we aren't married yet!) and I ask Jeremy, " I need ideas for a new blog name."  And he starts spitting out random things.  He came up with Chits and Giggles and has requested any royalties from the blog.  HA! 

I actually hated the name in the beginning.  I thought it was dumb.  But then I started thinking about it and I loved the idea of it.  Yes, it's a play on words (obviously), but the Chits part is also like Chitchat which is what us ladies love to do!  So, thanks Jeremy!!

3.    Do you have pets? Let’s meet ‘em! If you don’t what would your ideal pet be?
Yes!  Thanks for this question.  We have a fluff muffin of a kitty.  He is so cute!  I have had him since I moved back to Atlanta to start work, so he is about 6 years old.  I had an apartment by myself and I was incredibly lonely, so I hoped over to PetSmart and picked up Bubbaloo.  Yes, that is the name he responds to.  His real name is Thomas, but he doesn't respond to that...so why use it?  Jeremy hacked my blog once and talked about the animal on there.  You need to check it out...it's pretty classic.




4.    What would your theme song be?
Oh man...I have no idea.  I'll say "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons.  I'm not really into Christian music but I LOVE this song so much for some reason.  And I love Mumford in general.

5.    What app on your phone do you use most? What do you think that says about you?
Err...email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Scramble with Friends.  What does this say about me?  What kind of a question is that?  Ok...hmm....I think it says that I am awesome and stay on top of social media!?

6.    What “Most Likely To…” superlative would you get?
Gain a lot of weight and then blog about her weight loss journey.  You ask hard questions!!

7.     Dog Hair is clearly my go-to accessory. What’s your favorite way to accessorize?
Ha...I am going to say cat hair.  Bubs sheds SO MUCH because he is so incredibly furry...so there is always hair attached to you no matter how hard you try to get it off.  I have accepted this fact.  I also love necklaces.  I don't have a favorite or go-to one.  Just anything.

8.    What movie have you seen more times than any other? What’s your favorite quote from it?
Oh geez.  I hate to admit this, but I have seen Titanic more times than any other movie.  I was an impressionable 8th grader when that came out so I think I saw it in the theatre like 6 times or something redonkulous. 

There are too many good movies...don't make me choose...I don't know! ...copout answer thank you very much.

9.    Fill in the blank: I just can’t leave Target without getting _____!
Clothes/shoes/makeup/boxed wine (I'm classy!)/ um...anything.  I shouldn't be allowed in a Target.  I never just leave with what I am supposed to.  I always have more stuff in my cart than I should.

10.You're getting married soon, yayy!! What was one thing that really surprised you about your fiance Jeremy?
Oh dear...he would hate I admit this but I was surprised how much he loves sports.  True story.  I knew he loved sports, but I had no idea that SportsCenter would be the show that was on in the morning and at nighttime.  I am so thankful that I learned this before we got married.  I might have killed him.  But I have now accepted it and it isn't so bad now.  Did you know that there are only 2 days the whole year that no sporting event is played?  Yep...I do!

I'm dying over her bling. Plus anyone who has seen Titanic a billion times is a-ok in my book. And now you know Kristyn better than you did 10 minutes ago! Hope you enjoyed her mini take over! Go visit and follow her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY COMMENTS!