Harry Potter: Cupid of the Wizarding World

FYI: I have another HP post I wrote a little while ago too, you should read it.

Harry Potter link-up



I've said for a while that I wanted to share how Tom and I started dating and when I heard that there was a HP link up, I figured this would be as good a time as any since HP is what really brought us together.

Tom and I met at work. He actually worked with my mom (lucky him) and then I started working there right before a new software was rolled out. When the software rolled out, Tom trained everyone in the department including me.

We hit it off right away. And then we hated each other. Really tho, we fought a few times. I'm not a greatttt/patient student. Anyway we got over the fighting part. And we started really getting along.

Because the only thing on my mind was HP, we talked about it a lot. I was about to go to the new The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios in Florida. I came to find out Tom's sister also loved Harry Potter but Tom had always refused to see it. So one day, I decided to fill him in on the story.

Aka I went scene by scene (movie and book versions) from 4 Privit Drive to finally kicking Voldemort's ass. It took about an hour and a half.

After "training" for about a month and then hanging out outside of work for a few months, I decided if things are going to ANYWHERE with us, I would need him to watch Harry Potter.

So we watched all the movies that were out in 2 nights. And then we went to see Deathly Hallows parts one and two so obviously he made the right choice.

Now, we watch one of the movies as we fall asleep every night. And Lil knows it's bed time when she hears the opening music. And Tom has beat me in Harry Potter Scene It. And he quotes the movies all the time. Reading the books is next.

Later on, aka 2 years later, I found out that the moment that Tom really fell for me, was when I was telling him about Harry Potter's journey and apparently I started it all off with, "Voldemort tried to kill Harry, and Harry's mom was like nahhhh"

I'm fucking charming as shit. And I made this.






Meet One Hilarious Doggy Mom!

15 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie I just hung out with a guy (!) and we talked about Harry Potter and I felt happy inside. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I firmly believe I couldn't be in a serious relationship with a guy unless he understands that sometimes I just need to watch a Harry Potter movie to feel better about life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please display that at your wedding. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That graphic is legit. I wish I was one of the lucky one's who's boyfriend was into HP, but he WILL go with me to HP world whether he likes it or not! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! I need to find my own Harry Potter loving guy now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely love this. Doug hadn't read any of the books when we started dating...but I got him hooked. By the time the last book came out, he pre-ordered it for me, left the bar with me at midnight to go pick it up, and even lucked out when I was too hungover to read it the next day and he got it to himself for a solid 24 hours before I stole it back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha this is perfect! I love that someone out there is as crazy about this stuff as me. My hubby has been forced to dress up as both Harry and Voldemort on different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo in love with this! Also pretty sure you need that made into a giant sign for your bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harry's mom was like nahhhh... such a detailed story teller ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stop. This is so cute. I'm still working on getting Kris to read (5yrs and still no progress). I'd use the imperius curse, but it's unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is probably my favorite love story ever. I also love that you watch it every night.. True love. Also laugh out loud when you said "and Harry's mom was like naahhhhhh" hahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell in love with you myself after reading this. I just got done reading/watching again. We went to a wedding on Saturday and let's just say I celebrated a wee bit too hard. Mr. Boyfriend poured me into some jammie jams, tucked me in, and popped in HBP... came in and asked how I was doing later... my response: "Dumbledore is dead.. How do you THINK I'm doing?! Blimey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my god, falling asleep to harry potter every night? That's the best idea I've ever heard. I was thinking about making the music my alarm but I never want to hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I fall asleep to Harry Potter literally every night too!! That's how I know you must be pretty awesome!! Haha

    ReplyDelete

YAY COMMENTS!